Friday, November 26, 2010

*DING* Fries are Done. . . .

So I had a friend ask me what I was going to do for Thanksgiving. I told him I was going to eat carbs and sleep. He laughed and said, "No, seriously?" I replied with a bit of a chuckle, but went on to tell him how I was planning on doing just that. And boy did I!

Let's start with breakfast:
6 mini pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
1 Diet Coke
1 Dr. Pepper -We ran out of Diet Coke, so it held me over till the others got cold.

Lunch:
1 Diet Coke

Before Dinner:
My home-made cheeseball with Ritz crackers. (Amount, unknown)
My veggies and home-made dip. (Again, amount, unknown)
1 Diet Coke
Oh, and one nibble of dark turkey meat.

Dinner:
2 pieces of dark turkey meat because the white is the dry meat and who wants to eat that??
1 large scoop of mashed potatoes
1 large scoop of stuffing from the bird, not the other less tasty stuff
All smothered in an unknown amount of gravy
1 of my mom's Parker House rolls
Some of my dad's sweet potatoes
1 large scoop of my sister's fruit salad
1 serving of my aunt's Jell-O thingy
And a nice scoop of buttery corn

2nds:
A little bit of turkey, potatoes, stuffing, and gravy
1 more roll with butter this time
1 Diet Coke (Which got dumped before I finished it!)

Dessert:
1 Thin slice of pumpkin cheesecake
1 Thin slice of Caramel Pecan Supreme from Village Inn
1 Hazelnut cyenne pepper brownie
1 Diet Coke

The Aftermath:
I'm not going to lie, even after all that, I still ate a few olives as I was cleaning up.

Once the kids were in pj's and in front of a movie with my mom, I went off to play Rock Band with a friend. By that time I was closed for business, not even a drink. Until I got home at 11 pm and decided to watch the rest of the movie I started earlier with one last Diet Coke and one more piece of pumpkin cheesecake. By midnight, I was one satisfied camper.

I sure hope all of you got to spend the holiday the way you wanted to and reflected on the things you were thankful for.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you did Thanksgiving right! I'm suddenly inspired to make a homemade cheese ball.

    ReplyDelete