Thursday, October 21, 2010

King of Anything. . . .

I'm a big movie quoter. Some quotes are widely known. For example, anything from The Princess Bride. Others are very private and only a joke to those involved. For example, "Someone ate my entire pie! I don't know how that could've happened." It's from one of my favorite movies, Never Been Kissed. I was thinking about that movie today and another very funny quote that is only funny to those involved, mainly me. It goes something like this, "I can grab a bull's balls!" In context it's from a young copy editor trying to prove that she has what it takes to be a top, front page, news reporter. That specific quote is repeated a few times throughout the movie. But basically, she comes off as someone less than qualified, is made fun of for that reason, and then follows her heart by making mistakes along the way and proving everyone wrong. -I think I just made this wonderful movie about dating turn into an after school special, which it is not. I recommend it for anyone who's looking for a light hearted romantic comedy. Also for anyone who feels like it's just easier to brush off the pain of defeat than anything else because you are so use to defeat.

You might ask where I am going with these ramblings? Well, I'll tell you. I myself can grab a bull's balls. In the previous, nameless blog, . . . . I wrote something about myself that stuck with me most of the day. I said, "Everything else in my life I attack and accomplish." It's very true, I'm an Aries and therefore I am stubborn, opinionated, and determined. I love a good challenge, but that's only foreplay in comparison to a challenge under pressure. I'm not feeling the pressure of my dating life by any means. If anything I'm still in the assessment phase trying to figure out my next move. So today, I wondered, why is it that in my dating life I have yet to find my balls? Could it be because I am fishing in the most picky pool next to athletes and actors? (Mormon men that is.) A friend of mine thinks that it's because I am too picky. I think he just wants me to start kissing someone so he doesn't have to hear about how much it sucks that I'm not. Another friend talked to me about how there are no absolutes in dating. Not that he was speaking specifically about me, but that sometimes the risk is just too great and sometimes you get tired of falling. Whatever the obstacle be, it's keeping me from my bull.

If you haven't noticed, I'm quite the analytical person. I don't make moves quickly. They have usually been thought out eons in advance, second guessed, re-arranged, swapped out, taken on and off the shelf, and usually allowed to be dictated by another's opinion. But lately, I have begun to feel the steel grip of courage between my fingers. It will take me lots of practice to twirl those balls in my fingers like David Bowie in Labyrinth, but I intend to learn. A dear friend told me today that any guy who knows me knows that I "attack and accomplish" everything in my life. So if I "attack and accomplish" him, he would know that it's the real me doing the work and most likely find it attractive. I'm liking this logic so much more than any sort of wait and be asked out approach. Please don't get me wrong, I DO NOT want to "attack and accomplish" a guy overnight and wake up in my marriage bed the next morning. Nor do I want to attack and attack and attack until I finally accomplish. I'm merely speaking with a decent date in mind. Natural rhythm and timing ultimately considered.

I guess where I'm gong with this is simple, I can grab a bull's balls. I'm going to go after what I want. I can play the part and be honest braving all those chances of failure but knowing in the end, I did it as myself. I want a guy to fall in love with me. Not the me that plays the games of dating, but ME. I'm quite the catch, and if I plan on being hooked, I'm not going to leave any part of me drowning in the water.

So I ask you this, Have you grabbed a bull's balls today? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment